Can you believe that Easter is just a few days away? Today I stopped by Walmart and picked up some stuff for Buggy’s Easter basket. The place was absolutely insane. Walmart has some awesome pre-made baskets which are convenient if you need to run in and just grab something quick or a plethora of supplies to make your own basket. Since Buggy doesn’t get any candy, I chose to make my own because the premade baskets have tons of candy.
Walmart continues to listen to their customer by “broadening its Easter assortments to ensure customers can purchase the gifts they want to give and receive this holiday. They identified the following Easter trends which show customers moving beyond the traditional bunny and finding innovative ways to plan and save this holiday".
Here is what they found:
- Chocolate is the Basket Winner: Among those families planning to celebrate Easter this year, almost 60 percent are planning to buy chocolate and candy. Walmart has low prices on the following favorites:
- Cadbury Eggs 5-pack or Reese’s® Eggs 6-Pack (6.6 – 7.2 oz) - $2.78
- Starburst® Jellybeans (7.3 – 14 oz) - $1.88
- Marshmallow Peeps® Bunnies or Chicks (3 – 3.75 oz) - $1 each
- Outside of Christmas, Easter is the #1 Season for Toys: Licensed toys continue to attract shoppers. In fact, Walmart is also offering licensed novelty Easter basket items including the popular Disney Princess and for the first time, Hello Kitty. Other Top toys include:
- Barbie® Mermaid Tale Doll Beach Doll - $5.97
- Disney® Ballerina Princess - $7.88
- Select Lego® Items - $19.97 each
- Lalaloopsy™ Doll - $18.97
- Beyblade™ XTS Half-Pipe Battle Set - $34.96
- Top Easter Necessities are Grass, Eggs and Baskets: Walmart shoppers will purchase enough eggs to line up from New York City to Los Angeles eight times, which is equal to one trip around the earth. Other must-have items include:
- Green Easter Grass (1.5 oz): $0.28
- Plastic Easter Eggs (10 ct.) : $0.50
- Easter Buckets/Baskets: $0.97
- Older Kids Get Better Baskets: Moms said as their children age, they are shifting from giving more trinkets and toys to larger gifts such as electronics, clothing and gift cards. A few tween favorites include:
- The Macbeth Collection® Speakers, Headphones, or iPod Case - $9.88
- The Lion King Blu-ray™ and DVD Combo Pack - $19.96
- Sony PSVita™ System with 5” front touch screen - $249
- Customers Seek Out Quality Fresh Food: Nearly 90 percent of customers that prepare an Easter meal prefer to cook the meal themselves vs. buying something pre-made.
- Walmart’s premium Sam’s Choice™ Highest Quality Spiral-Sliced Smoked Ham will be available at a low price of $1.98 per pound.
- Customers can find recipes and meal solutions at www.facebook.com/walmart.
You can read the actual press release here.
Disclaimer: This is strictly an informative post. No compensation was received.