Italian food is my absolute favorite. I especially love anything that has a cream sauce – yea I know fattening but mmmmm so good. One thing that I love to make is lasagna. I love, love, love it. I generally make it when hubby is away because I can get a few meals out of it. Here is how I make it. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.
- 1 box Barilla No Boil Pasta
- 1 pkg ground beef
- 1 Can/Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- 1-2 Packages of Shredded Cheese
- Adobo / Sasson
- Sofrito – you can get this at the store but I use home made.
- you can substitute the sofrito with 1 onion and 1-2 peppers chopped
1. Brown ground beef. Season with Adobo & Sasson or whatever you want to use and add the minced garlic, onions and peppers OR just add sofrito. While the meat is cooking soak 3-4 pasta noodles in a pan of water for about a minute (I learned this on Rachel Ray) and coat the bottom of your lasagna tray with sauce.
2. Place one layer of noodles in your tray and coat noodles with sauce
3. Add some ground beef
4. Add some shredded cheese (I add more sauce here)
5. Add another layer of noodles (they should be soaking while you are adding the cheese, meat and sauce)
Hope you like it!