I am always looking for great recipes to try. With a picky toddler on hand finding ways to get her to eat more fruits and veggies can be tricky. For example, Buggy loves her banana's but can be picky with certain strawberry items. I had some Stoneyfield Strawberry Banana yogurt that she wouldn't eat and I didn't want it to go to waste. My favorite is strawberry banana but I thought I would try and use them in a recipe if I could and try and expand her pallet just a bit. I found this super easy banana recipe and modified it just a tad. I used whole wheat flour and the muffins were so moist.
This recipe is super simple and a great way to get your little one to help. Perfect for Sunday morning family time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 toddler size container of Stoneyfield strawberry banana yogurt (you can use any kind you want or use applesauce)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in the yogurt
- Stir banana mixture into flour until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.